Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Art Club Website Critiques

/rmilligan.willyworld.org - I like how the wooden model is serving as a sort of narrator & inviting us in. The biggest draw seems to be the mystery of the corn. People might think "what does corn have to do with art", & this might peak their curiousity enough to come to a meeting just to find out. The only suggestion would be to find a way to fit the painting into the overall composition more naturally.

wmayer.willyworld.org/ - I think that the illustrations were done quite well especially the corn kernals. Although I was confused by the drips, was this butter? paint? Overall the composition flows well & the nice blue background gives it a simple, eye catching base.

kleisman.willyworld.org - I like the graphic elements used in the background, and the textures, but I find my eye gets wrapped up in looking at all the cool effects & doesn't get drawn to the text at all, other than the central "USI Art Club" part, which might be enough to draw someone closer. I do really like the colors used & the textural effects are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment