Thursday, September 17, 2009

Art Club Layout

I wanted to create a layout with a wooden model. After I found out that we couldn't use images from the web, I looked through my supplies to provide an appropriate background.
The image:
I used the wooden model that I have at home & photographed it in a running position. I then mirrored the image. I used my new box of pastels & my oil paints as a background. I adjusted the opacity so that both showed through but did not interfere with my wooden models. I used the heart shape tool & put my text inside of it. I kept the heart as white so that the text would be easy to read. I also added a gradient to give the center a glow.
The concept:
When I mirrored my running model, and set the two images on the page, it gave me the impression of two lovers running across a field towards each other. This gave me the inspiration to present the layout like a personal ad with the USI Art Club seeking art lovers. I wrote the text like it was a personal post with Chuck Armstrong & Virginia Poston as the matchmakers. I thought this was an original unique angle. It provides the information but also gives it a clever storyline.

1 comment: